On 14/03/13 I’ll be doing a 24 hour film fest of the funniest films around. But will I still be laughing after 24 hours with no sleep?
So why am I doing this? Well the 15/03/2013 is Comic Relief (aka Red Nose Day) where people do something funny for money and the proceeds go to charity in Africa and in the UK.
Now I don’t have many skills to raise money for charity. I can’t cook, so a bake sale would be no good. I am incredibly unfit so an athletic challenge would be a disaster. So I thought I’d play to my strengths and do what I know I can do best-watch movies! To make it a bit more difficult I thought I’d do a 24 hour challenge.
The rules are as follows.
- During the 24 hours I must watch at least 12 films (full list to be posted soon).
- After each film ends (during the credits) I can have a five minute window to do as I please
- After three films I can have a fifteen minute break
- I must watch each film all the way through, no slipping out to grab a drink or something in between
- I must not fall asleep while watching the films
- The challenge will start at Thursday 14/03/2013 at 3am and finish Friday 15/03/2013 at 3am
- After the challenge is over (and I have a few hours’ sleep) I must write up the events of my challenge on my blog www.mykindofmovie.wordpress.com by 1pm on Friday 15th March.
If anyone is interested in knowing more about red nose day or to see how much I’ve raised please check out my site.
No one is under any obligation to sponsor me but if you’d like to read what I thought of it all and how well I survive with no sleep (seriously I’m terrible if I don’t get my full eight hours) then please read my blog or go on to the site above.
If anyone is interested in knowing more about Red Nose Day then visit the website.